तमसो मा ज्योतिर् गमय



And now you are free to judge me as an 'anti-national' for defying the appeal. While I stand and affirm to do what is best possible for me as a citizen in this health emergency & fight against corona, I also stand to disobey the activity which does not appeal to my rational and scientific temper. I also 100% support the lockdown & stand also against those social elements which deliberately cause trouble to frontline soldiers in this war on corona. 

I am worried about the health of all my people (staying indoors or on their long march to their respective homes). However, I am more worried about the health of people like my Aai who have to deal directly with patients & who are not even armoured with basic masks let alone PPE. Am worried about the life of all those doctors, nurses, healthworkers, sanitation workers, police who are being brutally attacked while they risk their lives for us. 

In all this, my lighting a candle/diya can only make good content for photos/ whatsapp status instead of improvement in actual ground level situation. I support and care for my frontline warriors more than lights-off, candle-on gimmick. 

This is a reason why I abstain to light a diya/ candle. It is my way to protest the ridiculous manner in which this corona thing was addressed yesterday. 

I wish people to be enlighten from within than without. That is what is expected and is need of the hour than fall pray to such diya/taali/thali distractions. 

Last but not the least - सतो मा साद गमय, तमसो मा ज्योतिर् गमय, मृत्योर मा अमृतम् गमय (Lead us from ignorance to truth, Lead us from darkness to light, Lead us from death to deathlessness)



PS- You are free to block me
PS- Lets agree to disagree!
#peaceout

Comments

Post a Comment