Heartfelt Gratitude & Love!



Last week majority of shops were allowed to open. Even shops in red zones were opened. Liquor shops & the unending queues outside those shops could be seen. I have already ranted about it enough in my previous blog.

It so happened that I was already not feeling good because for past whole week Mom (hereinafter Aai) could not come home. Inter-Taluka commutation is banned even for government servants & Police has cancelled already sanctioned passes as well. Earlier this was allowed.

Since the outbreak of this corona pandemic Aai made sure she comes home once a week. Usually she came home Saturday night & left early in the morning on Monday. For howsoever less then she was there, it was enough for all of us at home to be more than happy & cherish every moment of it.

But what a hypocrite policy – inter-taluka commutation is not allowed as it may spread virus & opening of shops (that too LIQUOR SHOPS) is allowed because economy first. I have no issue with opening these shops. But what about wholesale flouting of social distancing norms – won’t it spread virus? Policy makers don’t think so.

Anyway…so I was mentally not in a good shape & was waiting for evening so that I can dial the best human in my life, my saviour. That is the time when I can probably successfully get connected to Aai. So I called. After general talks of how the day was & whether the report of the suspects was positive or negative, I finally came to the point:

“Me: Aai, I am not liking the way people thronged the streets today…How can they be so desperate & irresponsible?

Aai: There is little you can do Pana. You cannot be dictating how one should behave & one should not….

Me: Yeah. That’s true…but are we mad…to sit at home, take precautions and not step outside. Due to this lockdown we don’t even have privilege to be with you…why only we should follow law & be law-abiding? We shall also step out and crowd the streets like them as if corona has gone & pandemic is over…  

Aai: Pana, tell me one thing. If someone strips & dance naked in front of you, will you follow the suit or ignore them & do what you feel is right?

Me: Yes Aai. Of course I won’t copy such fellow…

Aai: Precisely my point…just because other doesn’t respect the laws/ norms & are being irresponsible doesn’t mean that you too shall do it. You know it is wrong, so you don’t do it…

Me: Agree….but it is because of these careless people the Covid-19 cases are rising and here in Pune it is sky-rocketing with each coming day. These insensitive people are paying cost of their carelessness & are dying. Why should people like you toil so hard for them? Why should you people pay personal cost by staying away from your families? These people make mistake & are rightly getting punished. Let them just die. Why you work so dedicatedly for them & put your life at risk from such people?  

Aai: Pana, this is not the way things work. These are our people too. We cannot just leave them to die. And if it us not us, then who else will take care of them? I understand your anger. And I agree they don’t respect law & are being careless. But why should that stop me from performing my duty?....

...When your country is in crisis & when your people need you the most, you just can’t run away from your duties. Others are being irresponsible but you are sane & understand your responsibility…then just don’t think of anything else…and just perform your duty & fulfil your responsibility to the best of your abilities. Never forget who we are & why we are… that will ease out your entire dilemma…

...I know you all are fed-up of being confined at home but right now that is safest & easiest thing you can do for yourself, for me and for our country as well. So you guys just stay home & stay safe. Good Night.”

When I sat back & reflected upon our conversation, I realised Aai is not just the best healer, councellor but also the best person. She not just made me understand that it’s okay to be angry & outrageous on the situation or people but furthermore what is important is how you overcome it. 

Doing what you are best at & being dutiful and duty-bound is essential to take on & tackle any crisis howsoever challenging it is. Focus on what is there in your hand & how you can improve things instead of expecting it from other.

All I can say is – Aai you are the best. I love you. It’s been more than fortnight since you last came home. I miss you a lot. Video call is never the replacement of your actual physical presence. But nevertheless I can see you & that gives me strength to take on the day that comes. Your words echo in my ears every time I feel angry on the people & I let it go.   

Thank you so much for all your dedication towards your work, compassion towards fellow humans & the conviction with which you do it. It inspires me to be better & not bitter. I also want to thank all the health warriors out there, who keep aside their families & risk their own lives to put brave fight against this pandemic. For you, your country, your people & your work comes first. Salute to all of you. We can never forget & can never repay what you all do for us.

Last but not the least, wishing you all a very Happy Nurses Day!

Heartfelt Gratitude & Love!   

Comments

  1. Nicely written Pranoti... Anuty is real Warrior and Savior. Not an easy task for sacrifice our precious time for others good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment